Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy 60th, Virginia and Ramon


I may have celebrated 30 years on this planet recently, but three weekends ago, Adrianne's maternal grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.

Sixty years! Wow! And both Ramon and Virginia are doing great. They treat me like family and I really appreciate that. I can't pretend to tell you I know everything about the rich history of their lives together... I'll just tell you that Ramon served our country bravely in WW II in the Pacific Theater, and Virginia has worked to support her family her whole life and is also an excellent cook. And Evey is their first great-grandchild, and they both love her something fierce.
Pictured here, front to back, left to right: Judy Romero (my mother-in-law), Ramon Romero, Virginia Romero, Lupe Romero-Kosa, Tony Romero, Mike Romero, Ramon "Rick" Romero.

No comments: