Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Spring photo

Here is a photo that is a repeat of one I took a year, or two years ago. 

Last night was a Monday night and I almost took the magazine to press. I got as close as we could then we stopped. 

Went next door to the HOJ and opened it for business. When Adro came home she joined me and we both chatted about our days. We both had good, productive days. She had her performance review and that went well.

And then the kids came running out! Boyd talked Evey into a 1 V 1 soccer match. The kids play over by the HOJ and use two imaginary goals. There are a lot of hard fouls and even some tackling. And this is after Evey had her high school practice, mind you.

Eventually we had to go in for dinner. Boyd set the table, a little begrudgingly. Evey and Adro made salads. I cooked cheese ravioli with a red sauce. It was good! We ate at the big dining room table, second night in a row.

The neighbor came over to tell us their goat had three babies, so the girls went over to see them. I stayed back since Boyd was in the shower. Sent a few emails and watched the Bucks choke down the stretch and taking $45 out of my Draft Kings account (it was a $5 bet.)

Now I'm on a plane headed to Portland, Maine. Gonna be there for a few days. 

I turn 46 tomorrow! Gonna be weird not being with the family but we'll be together again soon.

No comments: