Thursday, May 10, 2018

Cousin Melissa visits


Hello blog! How have you been? Lonely, I'm sure.

 ***

Been on the road a ton lately. That's why I haven't been posting. I'm down an editor and I'm on the road every week. In the last three weeks I've been in D.C., Cincy and Philly. And I've got more cooking. I added a day trip to St. Louis today, and I've got Minneapolis on the horizon. 

It's all good, though. I knew busy times were coming, and we were kinda prepared. I shut down travel earlier this year while Judy was on the road, and now it's payback time, baby.

But vacation isn't too far away, either.

***

Photo is from a recent visit by Cousin Melissa. A pleasant surprise, always good to see Cousin.

***

The Cincy trip was for the annual TOCA awards ceremony.

How did it go? Well, it was a little bit of a butt-kicking. Only 7 awards. Last year we won almost twice that.

Ouch! But hey... it had to happen eventually.

Looking forward to comeback time, baby!

***

Boyd got a new bike this weekend. I would have taken a photo but I was too busy clutching him by the armpits to keep him from falling.

Yes, he's trying to learn to ride. I think Evey was older when I taught her (remind me to check the blog to confirm), but Boyd is excited to learn. So I thought we'd give it a try.

Next time we go out we're leaving Sis at home, because Boyd was too easily distracted by Evey riding her bike. Apparently BJ doesn't realize the danger involved in wrecking a bike... Hopefully he learns the not-too-painful way.

***

Only three more days of school left.

What, huh?

(Seriously, the kids get out about two weeks sooner than the Johnson kids do!!!)

No comments: