Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Picture day!

Check out how cool my kids are... it was picture day today, and they looked GOOD!

Boyd insisted on wearing a tie, so I helped him with his clip-on a little this morning. Evey chose her own outfit, but then it was cool that she had mom help her curl her hair. Both kids looked dy-no-mite. When I went and picked them up from school today I had to tell them to chill for a second so I could get a photo. Boyd struggled with the sun a little bit, but I got a decent pic.

***

We got the garage mostly put back together on Saturday. Foosball was back in effect. Then me and B.J. played mini-pool. Then we invited the girls down to play Uno on the felt table.

Someone suggested we make it a team game, adding a new spin to the game. Parents versus kids. The only problem was we were sitting Adro, Boyd, Evey, me. So inevitably someone would have to do damage to a teammate. 

As cute as Boyd is, this concept failed him. Next time we'll sit parent, kid, parent, kid.

And yet... the kids won. Boyd 5, Adro 2, Seth 2. 

Boyd wasn's as excited about winning all 5 of his team's games as he was that him and Sis won overall. Evey was chill and happy to hang and listen to the music.

I'm glad the garage is back.

***

New dish tonight. Shredded barbecue chicken sandwiches.

A new dish is a big deal around here because I've been playing it safe for the last few years. We might have a new winner, people!

Next up: soul food style mac n cheese, in these amazing new soup dishes we bought.





No comments: