Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Today was a pretty good day

Yesterday wasn't the best day, there was a lot of frustration.

Today was better. Much better.

Consider:

A book publisher called me to talk business, get to know me and ask for my help with some of his clients... we made plans to grab a drink together in NYC later this year...

While on that phone call, Mr. Tom Fazio called me and left a message, asking me to call him back. Fazio is arguably the greatest living golf architect today... I called him right back and caught him for a quick interview...

Then I checked Pitchcare.com, a European turfgrass magazine/website, and saw my byline/story batting lead-off on their site today. With 50,000 European members, that's not bad for Golfdom or for Seth A. Jones...

And then I wrapped the day up grilling some steaks that were... better than OK!!!

***

A moment only Copy Jesus will appreciate:

Adrianne and I were at the local (Eudora) grocery store together, probably the first time ever we were there together. We're going through the checkout line when the high school girl looks up and says, "I love your shirt!"

Adrianne pauses and says, "Mine?"

I thought that, of course... the girl was talking to her fellow woman, and not the dashing George Clooney looking fella standing next to her... but hearing Adrianne's self doubt made me realize, "maybe me?"

So I looked down at my own shirt and saw that I was wearing... a faded WHAT WOULD JACKO DO? shirt. And then I knew she was talking to me.

Except, OK, she probably wasn't. But that's a'ight. 

I still like my shirt!




No comments: