Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Old photo of the kids

Just found this photo on my laptop, from that photo shoot we did a few years ago. Amazing to see how much they've grown!

***

Laying on Boyd's floor as I write this. Adrianne's still sick (turns out she has a bad case of the flu and the doctor told her she just has to tough it out) so I've been making dinner and getting him bathed and in bed each night (we usually split these duties, with me taking dinner and Adro taking bath/bedtime.)

Each night for the past couple nights I've told Boyd an Adam Strange story, and then "given him some candy," as he calls it... or, sing him "In Dreams" by Roy Orbison. The opening line is, "A candy-colored clown they call the Sandman... tiptoes to my room every night."

Boyd calls the song "Candy-Colored Clown." Two nights this week he's fallen asleep while I've been singing. That's some pretty good stuff right there!

I had to ask him for the night off tonight. I'm tired, a little grumpy, and I just needed the break. He was cool with it. He read (looked at) a book for a little bit, then I told him lights out. I grabbed my laptop, got to work on the ground. He fell asleep after fidgeting for a little while. He's sleeping good now.

***

March 1st! I'm ready for March Madness!!!

***

Koko the dog is still alive and well, FYI. She's a pretty good dog. Fits in well. She hasn't had an accident in a long time. I probably just jinxed it.

***

Evey has a music program on Monday. Sadly I'll miss it, as I also have a program (speaking engagements) in South Dakota Monday night and Tuesday morning.

She's been going to choir practice rock-steady all year. Which reminds me... she has choir tomorrow... need to get her to school by 7:15!

Better shut it down now.




No comments: