Monday, January 16, 2017

Baby arm!

Wait a second... do I have a baby arm?!?

***
Well, still mad about the Chiefs game but happy the Jayhawks won in Ames. We've been watching a lot of sports in the "man cave" the last few days and guess who joined me?

Yup, Boydee Atticus. He's in. He likes the idea of shouting when you lose at Uno, shouting at random referees on TV, of munching chips with no regard for the crumbs.

We worked on the Jonesy high-five (perfected by me and a young Evey, when she still thought I was cool) as well as a "bro-hug" (which Boyd has down now.) Boydee also has a favorite track on the jukebox: 1813.

"Rock Chalk Chant."

Don't play 1318 -- speed metal.

***

We had several days off. Evey Jones reads this blog but I'll admit, at age 10, she'd rather read the back of a milk carton, or just tell her dad he's weird. 

The worm has turned here at the Jones house. I feel like Evey is just as likely to endorse my next idea as she is to throw it under the bus... also, I occasionally scare her now... she just thinks I'm weird. Sigh...

She still likes my cooking, but she's A-OK reading quietly or listening to Taylor Swift on her headphones. When I break in... I'm interrupting... which is new.

It was good while it lasted.

***

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka died on Sunday. That was my guy when it came to pro wrestling. Always thought he was cooler than Hulk, Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, etc.

We named our college band after Snuka: The Jimmy Snuka Heart Attack Band. 

At least it was stomach cancer at an old age that got Snuka, not a heart attack at a young age. Time waits for no one... though I think Snuka cheated it for a long time, based on his death-defying leaps.

S U P E R F L Y ! ! ! !

***

Glad we all survived ice-mageddon 2017.

Over-rated!!!