Thursday, January 21, 2016

Back from jolly England

It's even better to be home, though. I'd been looking forward to that trip for a long time, then as soon as I got on the plane I was looking forward to coming home. There's some psychology going on there, something that sounds familiar even. But it was still a good trek.



I'm guessing that might be my last trip to London for a while. I've been there three times in four years. It was, for a long time, the No. 1 foreign destination I hoped to visit.

Now, I'm looking forward to a new international adventure outside London. Maybe Rio? Maybe Barcelona? Who knows.

The good news is, England has been good to me, three trips in a row. That's awesome.

Oh, and this trip? I stayed less than a mile from Buckingham Palace (Hilton London Park Lane), walked by Alfred Hitchcock's home, and most significant, drank several cask ales at the birthplace of Guy Fawkes (the Guy Fawkes Inn.)

A trip to remember, remember...Had a nice couple days in England (Saturday through Wednesday to be exact). Started off in London, then York, then Harrogate, finally back to London. A lot of travel packed into a short trip.

No comments: