Thursday, July 16, 2015

Saw Cuz tonite

Great seeing Melissa tonight in Lawrence!

We started off at Salty Iguana with the family, then her and I went to Johnny's for a beer, before calling it a night.

Kind of a strange dinner, to be honest. Why? Well, Evey has become a pretty big fan of her pen pal, Melissa. She was SUPER excited that she was getting to see Melissa in person. But she wanted more.

"When are you coming over again?" "Come over!" "When are we making enchiladas again?" "Can you spend the night tonight?" -- those were the common questions from Evey. Usually she's not so aggressive. We all got a chuckle, but mostly I was thinking to myself, "What has gotten into Evey tonight?"

And then B.A. (Boyd Atticus most times, but Bad Attitude on this day) was being a stinker at the dinner table. Acting a fool. I let him get by as long as I could before we had to go outside and end our good time... but that's what happens when he eats rice and beans with his bare hands!

Still, it was great to see Melissa. I look forward to the next time.

***

Sidewalk Sale is tomorrow. I think I'm ready.

***

I asked Evey her three favorite ice creams. Her response:

1. Chocolate
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
3. Chocolate Bladder (?)

Mine:

1. Strawberry
2. Strawberry cheesecake
4. Chocolate chip cookie dough (a flavor I used to dislike!)

***

Grabbed beers with Ted last night, and watched the All-Star Game. It was a fun night.

Maybe the best location was Louise's Downtown, and their $4.75 schooners.

We reminisced when we enjoyed $1 schooners...

***

I've got a bunch of random photos to post to the blog. Soon.

***

I better get to bed... sidewalk sale tomorrow!

No comments: