Thursday, July 16, 2015

Bedtime! Well... OK...

Bedtime!

Well, the kids are reading in bed... it's 10 p.m., but how am I going to tell them to shut that down? Hard to get mad when they clearly enjoy reading so much.

***

Evey had what seems to be her worst nightmare ever, last night. She was pretty freaked out.

It was 3 a.m. and it was hard to be sympathetic, but I tried my best. I suggested that maybe we just needed to DO SOMETHING at that awful hour... you know, wake up and play Uno or something, if it was that bad...

But then I fell back asleep and my little sweetie was still watching the shadows.

So then I'm asleep, and I sense something next to me, maybe breathing...

And Evey SHRIEKS, "A werewolf!" and I shoot awake.

It's Boyd, he's awake now, and just watching me sleep from the side of the bed. Evey somehow mistook her little brother for a werewolf. Yeesh.

OK, Boydee, get in bed. LET'S ALL GO TO BED, OK?!?

Then this morning, Boyd looks at me and says, "Dad, look! I have a werewolf on my head!"

***

So you know the Jayhawks were playing hoops at weird time this last week, right? The "University Olympic Games" or whatever it was called, was in South Korea... so weird tip times here in Kansas.

Monday's gold medal match tipped at 7 a.m. local time. I was up and ready. Boyd is an early riser, so he came down to watch it with me. He watched a little, played with Thomas the Train a little, meandered through the house a little... whatever.

The next morning, Boyd woke me up at 7 a.m. "Dad, can we watch basketball again?"

And I hate mornings (even 7 a.m.) but something inside me said "YES!" and we went downstairs and re-watched the first quarter of the Gold Medal game.

That's my boy!

No comments: