Wednesday, May 13, 2015

What's cooking?

  • Written while working on an assignment, fueled by Captain Morgan and Harvey Danger.
  • Had our last soccer games of the season on Saturday. Evey rifled a goal off a PK. (I hooked up other kids all season, I pulled Evey off the D-line to take the PK. She had the biggest foot all season. Deserved it.) Boyd played goalie in the 4th quarter of his game, and made one save, and gave up only one goal. A great end to the season.
  • Thrill of the day: when my wife alluded to reading something I wrote. Most of my writing is in a void. To hear my wife read this? The woman I love read my stuff, unprompted? Author's nirvana.
  • Boyd trash-talked me tonight. I'm working late on an assignment, and he walked into the basement two hours past bedtime and cackled, "I'm not tired, Dad. YOU'RE TIRED."
  • Yes, Boyd cackles. Sometimes he screeches, too.
  • Annika Sorenstam retweeted Golfdom tonight, so that's something.
  • Above photo taken from Evansville, Ind.'s children's museum.
  • This site is still alive. Best not mixed with rum and Elliott Smith: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/boydjones
  • Here's that thing Adro read. It's not much, but it includes me pointing at a sausage.
  • Evey's last day of 2nd grade is tomorrow. She's excited. And she's such a good kid at school.
  • "How good is she?" They had a 'pop party' at school but they only offered Dr. Pepper and Coke. Evey has only drank Sprite/Sierra Mist. So rather than going adventurous, she had water.
  • "How good is she?" She did marathon club, and she narrowly missed winning the T-shirt because she started second semester. But the teacher, who was in charge of T-shirts but didn't really know Evey, brought her one anyway, and told her that she was close enough. I told Evey: random teachers don't do that for Cameron or Konnor... you've got to be a good kid for a teacher to go out of his/her way to look out for you...
  • "How good is she?" She asked me to remove her full-length mirror from her room yesterday, because she really doesn't use it, doesn't care about how beautiful she is (and she is so beautiful.)
  • Boyd made a save at his soccer game on Saturday, btw. Did I mention that yet? Oh... dang...

No comments: