Sunday, May 17, 2015

Crazy for feelings

Great weekend here, hope yours was stellar too.

***

Highlight of the weekend: Perfect weather outside. Yard freshly mowed. Adrianne sitting down with a beer in the grass, taking a break from working on the flowerbeds. Kids playing in some Dollar Store water mat (it was like wack-a-mole meets slip-and-slide.)

The kids were so happy, I was relieved to be finished with my yard work, Adrianne looked happy.

Yes, this was my highlight of the weekend. Which is saying something, considering I saw Willie Nelson and Beck on the stage together at the same time at Starlight Theatre this weekend!

***

Amazing show, Beck. I have to say this was pretty much the last guy on my bucket list to see. I crossed off Soundgarden and Radiohead long ago. It was down to Beck.

It was worth the wait. Bart and Lynette got the tickets, and they were good ones -- center section, midway up.

Getting into the venue was an absolute cluster. But Beck was as good as i hoped he'd be.

***

Boyd got sick this weekend, and now we're fighting a recurrent temperature. Adrianne plans on taking him to the doctor's office tomorrow.

Prediction: ear infection for Boyd. Lousy customer service for Adrianne and Boyd.

***

I read a book this weekend! Who-hoo!

I just don't read for leisure much these days. I feel like instead of reading, I could be writing.

But I finished "The Keeper," an autobiography of Tim Howard, U.S. Men's National Team goalie.

It was OK, not great. An easy read.

***

We added Netflix streaming.

The winner so far? Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, from the early '80s.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the house enjoys this show.

OK, maybe not Snickers.  

No comments: