Thursday, July 17, 2014

It's not even Mother's Day

But here are some of the best ladies on the planet, pictured.

(Well, minus the lady in red. I don't know her.)

((I'm not saying she's not nice, or that she's even mildly disagreeable. I just don't know her. Apologies if that's your grandma. Or you.))

***

Just got back from a few days in Cleveland. Good times. Fun to pop into the home office. The guys always take me out for good food, and then drinks inevitably ensue.

It occurs to me that there are a bunch of guys in Cleveland who work for North Coast Media, who probably have wives who hate me. Because I can imagine them using me as an excuse to booze it up. "I'm sorry, honey, Seth is the editor-in-chief of Golfdom, and he lives in Kansas! It'd be rude for me not to go out and grab a beer with him!"

***

See that margarita/beer drink in the pic with my mom? I had one of those in Cleveland. Because, what the heck?

But then I felt like this was not a masculine drink, so I drank it quickly. A beer and a Maker's Mark was next.

Interestingly, I woke up feeling great despite a smorgasbord of alcoholic beverages. Hmm... maybe the margarita beers is somehow medicinal? 

***

We're in Day 72 of Boydee being a holy terror. Tonight's stats: injuring Evey (1), thrown toys (2), refusals to eat dinner (2), kicking fits (3).

Evelyn has asked about moving out. I've asked her to stand strong. To learn self defense. And to pray.

No comments: