Monday, July 21, 2014

Pic from 2010


I found an old memory card the other day. Downloaded it, there's a bunch of pics from 2010. Like this one, from February of 2010. (I'm pretty sure I have posted this to the blog before.)

So Evey was 3 in that photo, right? And, didn't know it at the time, but that would be my last Golf Industry Show as a staffer for Golf Course Management magazine. So much has changed in the last 4 years!

***

Evey had the best weekend ever. Spent the night at her friend Adira's on Friday night... her cousin Marina's birthday party on Saturday afternoon... then swimming at Lupe's house with the Abasolos on Sunday!

OK, it was actually a pretty awesome weekend for ALL the Joneses...

***

Boydee has recently fallen in love with the 1970s TV show Wonder Woman.

His new move is to spin around a few times, then he says, "I'm Wonder Woman!" (It doesn't worry me at all, because I've seen the way he tries to hit on the aforementioned Adira.)

The other day, Boyd told Adrianne, "I'm Wonder Woman, and you're the bad guy!" And Adrianne said, "Ok." Then he scowled at her and shouted, "WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!?"

***

Boyd likes jumping in off the diving board. I swim down to the deep end to catch him.

So he tells me he wants to go in off the diving board, I tell him OK. I left him on the stairs (MISTAKE), and scooted past Mike, so I could swim alongside Boydee as he walked to the diving board.

As soon as I scooted past Mike, I looked behind me to see where Boyd was. All I saw were his two feet, sticking straight up in the air. "Grab him!" I told Mike. Abasolo grabbed him by the life jacket and pulled him up out of the water. ("I'm your Godfather... and I just saved your life," Mike later told him.)

Boyd was crying and in a panic. Mom came over to help. Boydee was fine, but he did have a little mouse on his forehead. I was worried it was going to balloon, but it quickly went away.

So we get home. Boyd then tells us that his "favorite part" of the pool was when he fell down, hit his head, and was spinning around underwater.

Yup... that's Boydee. 

No comments: