Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Can I read to you-you-you?

One of Boydee's favorite things to do these days is to sit on your lap and have a story read to him. His favorite books are "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "Twinkle, Twinkle." He also likes "baby's first word" books -- books where there is a photo of a ball, and the word BALL is written underneath it.

What is really cute is Boydee's way of asking us to read to him. He'll grab a book and start trotting towards you (Boyd's walk right now is hilarious... he falls back and forth on each leg when he's holding a book, looking like Frankenstein.) Then he'll say, "Can I read to you-you-you-you?"

We think this comes from us saying to him, "Can I read to you?"

But he doesn't know how to rephrase it to "Can you read to me?" So instead he added another you, thinking "you" is the right pronoun for "me."

I thought this was funny, so I started making fun of it, and adding a bunch of "yous" in there. "Hey Bubba, can I read to you-you-you-you-you-you?" Then he jumps in my lap with a smile for a story.

So now he's adopted the multiple "yous."

It's become the favorite phrase over here at Jones casa, along with "Dinner is ready!" and "American Ninja Warrior is on TV!"

No comments: