Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Big Time


So far so good at the U.S. Open at Merion GC outside Philadelphia.

I only got big-timed once, maybe twice, while I had several people stop me to talk to me like I was big-time. I'd say the overall big-time score today was Seth 6, Big-Timed 2. That's pretty good, and on the upswing, for sure (especially if you consider one of the big-timers was not worthy of big-timing me, but now I know. Oh yes, now I know.)

Had one guy stop me and chat with me for a while, and I hated it, because the entire time I was like, "How do I know this guy?" But he clearly knew me. I didn't have the heart to ask him how we knew each other. But I did ask Siri to remind me to Google the guy later so I could try to find out.

Had another guy stop me and excitedly talk to me, yet he forgot the part of the conversation where he introduced himself. That was OK, I smoothed that one over by asking for his business card, so at least I know what he does now.

And yes, I am rocking a Captain America belt buckle at the U.S. Open. Felt appropriate.

Random trivia: Ben Franklin is buried around the corner from my hotel.

That's a photo of me and golf course architect Tom Marzolf on 18 fairway, taken today. The Hogan plaque is several paces behind us. Marzolf is such a nice guy... I'm pretty sure he's incapable of big-timing anyone.

No comments: