Sunday, August 19, 2012

so come dance this silence down through the morning... sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la, yeah... uh-huh... yeah-ahhh-ahhh. Cut up, Maria! Show me some of that Spanish dancing... pass me a bottle, Mr. Jones!


As Borat would say... "GREAT SUCCESS!!!"

This weekend we had a garage sale... and we sold almost every "big" item we had, including a fridge, a desk with book case, a bed, a jogging stroller... even an old tube TV (we gave it away.)

Grand total for our stuff we wanted to get rid of? Guess...

Guess again.

Nope, higher.

The answer: $605 made on the garage sale. Holy shit.

I even sold a box of comics for $6. Adro was impressed for about 5 minutes.

It helped that we had beautiful weather, a ton of kid's clothes, and a giant sign at the corner next to ours that read "MOVING SALE." A lot of people came our way, and traffic was good on both Friday and Saturday.

I'm SO happy we sold the old desk/bookcase. I told myself that this was the last time I was ever going to move that piece of furniture, after moving it in and out of the garage about ten times. I'm also happy to have moved that old TV without having to pay to recycle it. I'm also happy we sold the old fridge, because it was creeping me out.

Great job, Jones family!

***

Evey was enjoying the garage sale, and she was encouraging us to sell her stuff. She wanted to see it go away. She even brought things out of her room and would put a sign on them.

Observe, the lower photo.

She decided it was time to sell her Sesame Street alphabet bus.

Take a close look at the sign on top of the bus. See what it reads?

The word "the," then A through Z... and "bus." Apparently for the low, low price of $12.

I was so charmed by Evey's description of her alphabet bus. That little girl spelled out the entire alphabet to describe that bus. So sweet.

We managed to not sell the bus -- we wanted to keep it for Boydee. Evey's outrageous price helped us out.

But her sign gave me perhaps the best laugh of an otherwise stressful garage sale.

***

Tomorrow is a big day. It's Evey's first day of kindergarten.

I'm taking her to school. I'll be sure to document the occasion with a ton of photos, and a full report, here, soon.



No comments: