Monday, October 3, 2011

Jones Family Update


No baby yet.

Adrianne is doing well. Had a doctor's appointment on Friday, doc said everything sounded good. The boy is doing well, he's just not ready to celebrate his birthday yet.

I took the above photo of Adro on Thursday. As I said today, she's never been this pregnant before... with Evey, by this time, we had a two-week-old. So this is a different experience for us, this anxious waiting. Last time it was an unexpected, quick finish. With the boy, he's making us wonder when he'll show his face.

No baby, yet I have BIG NEWS.

Evey had her first multi-goal game on Saturday. She scored two goals!!! So exciting!

I hate to admit that missed both goals. My cousin Melissa was flying in from Louisiana, so I left Evey's hour-long soccer practice/game about 20 minutes early to pick up Melissa. I was on the road for about 10 minutes when my phone rang. Caller ID showed it was Judy, my M-I-L. I instantly thought, "Oh, shit, BABY!!!" I answered the phone and all I heard was shouting. I was like, "Holy crap, are they delivering right there on the soccer field?!?" Then Judy came on and shouted, "Evey scored a goal!"


I was pumped. Judy said it was a good goal, too, not a set-up like her first goal.

So I kept driving and about two minutes later my phone rang again. Yep, goal No. 2!

She obviously had a really good week on the soccer field (after missing last Saturday's game with a cough.) I got some good photos this week, too. The above photo was taken this Saturday. In the time I was able to watch, I saw that Evey was doing better getting in there and kicking the ball. I got a lot of good pics from that game, I'll share more later in the week.

What else? Ran a 5K Sunday morning, the "Race for the Cure" fundraiser to support brain cancer research. Me and Sis ran the race last year as well. The race doubled in size -- there were 500 people there this morning, I was told.

I did my part to solidify last place in my division like I did last year. I came in at 35 minutes, about three minutes slower than my pace last year. Pretty sad. Last year I was hungover and had a bad knee. This year, I was just slow, and happy to walk as I pleased. But I'm pretty sure I could out-drink most of the people who beat me, so I got that going for me.

OK, that's all from me for now. More soon.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

(1) Way to go Evey! Grey once scored two goals in one game - and one of them was actually for his team!

(2) When I read Jones Family update I fully expect to see a photo of a newborn

And

(3) The fact that Baby Boy Jones has not made his appearance is a sure sign that he's gonna be a Mama's boy. He likes it in there...