Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Peking video gets some local coverage

Well then... while I didn't see that happening exactly, I was somewhat prepared for more than just the blog readers to see my video.

In case you missed it, on Tuesday morning the LJWorld.com posted the below bit about my video, along with a link to the video itself:

As I mentioned, the store is going into the former Pizza Street location, which of course, is a buffet business that is no longer with us. (Rest in peace mashed potato pizza.) Well, there appears to be one Lawrence resident who takes his buffet eating at Peking Taste very seriously. A colleague of mine found this video on YouTube and I’ve decided to pass it along because it was spurred by information first reported in Town Talk. The video was uploaded by Seth A. Jones, according to the You Tube information, and he says he is speaking on behalf of Concerned Citizens for Peking Taste Buffet. He goes on for about five minutes over his concerns that when Peking Taste reopens in the Louisiana Purchase shopping center that it will no longer have a buffet. Among some of the highlights from his impassioned plea are:
  1. He said his wife compared Peking Taste no longer offering a buffet to Southwest Airlines no longer offering flights. “My wife is an accountant. If she starts making analogies, something is wrong here.”
  2. “When I come to Peking Taste, I want all I can eat,” Seth says. “I want broccoli and beef, all I can handle, hold the broccoli.”
  3. Seth says he doesn’t eat crab rangoon because he thinks it's gross, but his friends like it. “Don’t limit my friends on Crab Rangoons. They’re good people.”
Anyway, the entire video is here

Pretty cool to get your name in the paper sometimes, and this was a fun one. Almost unanimous positive reactions, which is a surprise. Almost 300 views on YouTube as of this writing.


I did get a call from my pal Copy Jesus about it... he told me he posted the link in the comments section somewhere on LJWorld.com, and that's how they got a hold of it initially. "I hope you don't mind," he told me.

Heck no I don't mind! I want CNN to come cover this story!

Concerned Citizens for Peking Taste Buffet UNITE!!!

No comments: