Monday, September 21, 2009

I do believe I've had enough



Today my Dad would have turned 63.

Let's not dwell on that. Today, I've been trying to get back to normal after a 7-week-long nightmare.

What did I do? I'm glad you asked. I:
  • Listened to the new Pearl Jam CD, "Backspacer," and tried (unsuccessfully) to decide what two free live concerts I wanted to download.
  • Watched Monday Night Football (bummer ending).
  • Had dinner with my wife and daughter (potluck, yet we were all happy).
  • Drew two ninjas.
  • Had several Boulevard Wheats.
  • Hung out with Evey and Adro Jones.
  • Read the new issue of Rolling Stone (underwhelming).

  • Pondered if I should go to VooDoo Fest in New Orleans (decided the lineup is too weak this year, but some day I should go).
  • Uploaded photos to my bastard child of a blog, http://www.sethsgottix.blogspot.com/.
  • Stayed up late to dink around on the computer.
  • Blogged, finally, here.
For photos from this weekend's... events(?)... in honor of my Dad, click over to here: http://www.boydedwardjones.blogspot.com/
Special thanks to Mike Abasolo Sr. for taking the photos, and to Mike Abasolo Jr. for posting all the pics. There are some good ones there, of course even the happy ones are tinged with sadness. As I told Mike this evening, "Man, I should have more gray hair at my Dad's funeral." Probably the first time I ever wished I had more gray hair.
Of course you can still see photos and sign the guestbook at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/boydjones. We're at 88 signatures now. I might sign it 12 times in the next day just to get it to 100.
More on all this funeral business in a few days. Some thoughts, reactions, questions, etc. Just not today, not on Dad's birthday.
Tonight, I just say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD. Hope you enjoy the two ninjas me and Evey drew for you.

No comments: