Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reader feedback

OK, you may remember a while back I posted a survey, asking for people to share some thoughts on the blog. It's always hard to get people to comment, not sure why. I only got seven or eight responses total. Here are some highlights (Lervik responded to all of the questions, and I devoted an entire post to that already.)

The first one is from Kendall, not a response to any of the questions, per se, just a vote on what her and Grey's choice for best post is:

I'm officially writing to weigh in on the best post of Especially Evey. Grey and I LOVE the post where you have a video of Evey in the living room and she's just being super silly and putting something from the coffee table on her head. That's our vote... Kendall (& Grey)

Thank you, Kendall and Grey! One of my faovrites too. Evey will never be that young again, you know? Glad I have that moment on video.

Now, over to Steph:

Seth-

I just wanted to send you a message to let you know that I do follow Evey’s Blog, I somehow manage to find time in my busy schedule to stop by and see what Evey is up to. I enjoy seeing what she is up to and watching her grow up. It’s just amazing how fast time seems to go by. I found the picture of Julian and Evey in the post from February 13, 2007, it was their first meeting at the bowling alley... Anyway, keep the posts coming and hopefully we can get together soon so that Julian and Evey can play.


Thanks for reading, Steph! Time does fly. We'll keep doing those yearly photos of Julian and Evelyn at the bowling alley up until the age when they want to meet there without parental supervision, and then that whole tradition is OVER -- hear me, JULIAN?!?

My pal Travis answered a few of my questions!

What do you like about this blog?

It shows just how devoted you are to your family. Oh, you could use this space to rant on a political agenda or constantly yak about your 15 foot fade away but you don't. You talk about your daughter, your wife, your extended family. And it shows. In a small way, it lets me (and the audience) connect with you and yours without ever really being there.

Do you have a favorite moment from this blog?

Well, it was nice when you devoted a whole post to my kids. That made me all warm and fuzzy. I don't really have one favorite moment, just a continuous series of them. I get to hang out with the Jones', so to speak, in spirit.

Just basic well wishes on 500 posts:

You're doing a fantastic job with this. I remember when we had the conversation about the blogs being like a scrapbook and if we could save them for 10 years or something. I think Evey will look back on these posts and know that her parents really loved her.

Thanks Trav! Trav also had some other comments, but I pared it down a little bit. One thing he suggested was that I "expand my range" on blog posts, and suggested Lawrence landmarks, or where I work, or my co-workers, etc., as possible topics. And that's a great suggestion, Trav. I do plan on doing some new things soon, including "my favorite glasses" (seriously), "my favorite T-shirts" and a feature tentatively titled, "Guess how drunk I am and what I'm eating."

Another good friend of the blog, Hulk Hogan, also dropped some great feedback, just like he does the atomic leg drop:



Hey, brother, it's the Hulkster here. You know, when I first started reading your blog, it made me think of how all the Hulkamaniacs out there are growing up fast. What a great job you're doing here, brother, with the blogging and the spell check and the color pictures and everything. I mean, if I had to do it all over again, I would have probably made "Hogan Knows Best" a blog rather than a TV reality series on VH-1, brother, because then maybe Linda wouldn't have gone crazy on me. Keep eating your vitamins and saying your prayers, brother!


Thanks Hulk! Appreciate you reading and I wish your family all the best.

Barack Obama decided he had a few minutes to look away from the economy and check out my blog. Here are a few of his comments (pared down from the original 17,000-word email):

Yes we can. And yes you did. Five hundred posts! It's achievements like this... that show the greatness... of the American spirit.



Seth, I want you to know that I saw the support that especiallyevey.blogspot.com lent to my candidacy, very early on. Michelle and I want to say... thank you. Tell that little girl to keep reaching for the stars! We'll be watching you... on-line.


Wow, I'm flattered, Mr. President. I'll get back to you on some of your questions you had soon, I promise.

Last comments go to another person many of us know -- Mr. Bret Michaels:

Hey Seth. I just want you to know that I've really been feelin' this blog. I feel like there's... a connection. When I read your posts, it's like I'm reading your true feelings, and that's what I need, I need to know how you really feel about things, you know? So, I want you to do me a favor, and I want you to keep blogging, and keep rocking my world, alright? Alright, cool.

Oh, hey, what's this? My guitar? Hmm. Wow, it's tuned, too. =Ahem= Every rose, has it's thorn-nnnn. Just like evvvvvv...

Sorry to cut you off, Bret, but we've reached our, uh, space limit on this post. Thanks to everyone who commented! And thanks to everyone who has been reading along with us for the past 2+ years! Cheers, everyone.

No comments: