Sunday, April 8, 2018

Hit the hyperdrive!



It was a short weekend for me, but a good one.

I got home Thursday night after a few days at the Masters. I was exhausted. Then, on Friday I had to pay the piper and get all my Masters stories turned in for a noon enewsletter.

I gave myself a deadline of 11 a.m. and almost made it. Didn't matter as there were some ads missing, a few glitches in the code (stuff that qualifies as Not My Job) so it didn't go out until 3:30 or 4 that afternoon... but STILL! I was happy with it, almost proud. No hard-hitting journalism, but a nice collection of photos, people pics and a story or two. You can check them out under the blog section of Golfdom.com.

***

So Friday I was just beat. We cancelled soccer practice because it was supposed to snow (it didn't, but the temperature dropped to mid-20s.) So we ordered a pizza and had an upstairs movie night with the fireplace on.

We watched Captain America: Winter Soldier, and guess what? Adrianne liked it!

Then I zonked out.

***

Saturday the soccer game was cancelled (weather) but team photos were not... so we got dressed up in our team jerseys and went to the rec center.

It was cute, most of the kids actually put on their cleats and stuff. I just had Boyd put on jeans and his sneakers. We were done in 10 minutes.

From there Boyd and I went to AMC Studio 28, where we watched Pacific Rim 2. I promised him a long time ago that we'd go, I managed to make good before the movie left theaters (I guess it's doing OK at the box office.)

We got there early so I put a $5 in the dual car racing game... Boyd beat me three out of four games! Ouch!

The movie was in one of the "dine in" theaters. Boyd got a cheeseburger and fries, I got the bacon-chicken macaroni and cheese.

We ate like kings! At first Boyd wasn't digging the burger, but he liked my mac and cheese, so he ate that. I nibbled on his burger while it was hot. Then we traded. Boyd is a slow eater, and this is the right setting for him. It took him about an hour, but he finally ate all his food. Success!

This movie with my buddy reminded me of the time I took Evey to see Lego Movie in the same theater, and we ordered this giant brownie. Me and Evey still talk about it. It was the only memorable thing about Lego Movie!

I wonder if Pacific Rim 2 will have the same feeling?

***

The photos are from the theater, we still had a little time to kill before the movie started so we posed with the "Solo" display. I told Boyd to "look tough." So this is us looking tough.

***

The girls were home relaxing (Adro working on laundry) and they watched Pride and Prejudice or something else girly. I think everyone was happy.

I finished Saturday off by running some of Boyd's too-small clothes over for Barrett, then a quick stop at Rick's, then a stop at Jim Shan to get Chinese take-out for dinner. SO GOOD! I couldn't cook Saturday night because I had to get ready...

1) for a new couch

and

2) for another trip.

***

My weekend ended Saturday night as Sunday I got up at 4 a.m. to catch an early flight to Long Island, N.Y. I'm writing from there right now. It's been a long day. But I got to see somewhere I've never seen before.

Course visit tomorrow morning, then home tomorrow night. Then I don't travel again for 9 days! And Judy will be back from San Fran by then.

Sweet!

1 comment:

Grandma Judy said...

OMG...Boyd maybe in drama club soon!