Thursday, February 15, 2018

Bubster with Lucky Dog

 Here's a fun photo I got of Boyd with Jessica's dog Lucky. Boyd likes hanging with Lucky... she's a good dog!

***

You know where your tongue connects to the bottom of your mouth?

Is it possible to hurt that? I think I hurt that. I thought I bit the bottom of my tongue, just sitting here looking at the computer like an idiot... then I realized I have no teeth that can reach that specific area... so what the heck! How is that even possible?

***

The recent school shooting in Florida has been tough to observe. I clicked on to CNN twice today. I quietly cried in my office twice today.

The sick thought I had this afternoon as I took the dog for a walk and saw that the neighbor had his flag at half-mast: for 17 people, mostly under the age of 18, Wednesday's school lunch was their last meal.

School lunch should never, ever be someone's last meal. So sad.

***

We bought tickets to see The Head and the Heart with Grouplove, Starlight Theatre, May 29. You should join us!

***

I bought a comic on eBay recently... something I haven't done in a while.

I bought Green Lantern # 44. Got it for $21. Gil Kane cover, from 1966.

Looking forward to receiving it. Hopeful it's in good condition... the images on the auction were impressive.

I love old Gil Kane GLs. His brief stint on Spider-Man was great too. He did the covers around issue 100 on Amazing, including the Ka-Zar covers.

My favorite comic book artists, as of right now:

1. Steve Ditko
2. Jack Kirby
3. John Buscema
4. Mike Zeck
5. Gil Kane
6. Mike Mignola
7. Duncan Fegredo
8. Neal Adams
9. Jim Steranko
10. Ron Garney





No comments: