Thursday, August 31, 2017

More San Fran fun

Boyd on the flight out to Oakland. Bubster had a GREAT
flight. He slept a good part of it, then watched a little TV,
then chilled out for the landing. Good traveler. 

This is one of the rooms at the Exploritorium. The Expolritorium was "alright,"
probably not something we'll do again though. The kids preferred the aquarium
for sure. But it wasn't too crowded, some of the exhibits were interesting.

Oh man, the ferry cruise through the bay... I almost lost my $hit a couple times.
First, the line was two miles long. Then, some family cut in front of us right at
the last second... and then made a fuss and held up the line because not
all of their cousins knew where the cut spot was yet! This was my fault, I
was the first one in line and they caught me not paying attention. But then,
they overcrowded the boat BIG TIME compared to the last time we did this,
I think it was a different company. I stayed downstairs to get drinks for everyone
and the family went to the top to get a good spot. That "good spot" eventually eroded
into a bad spot when the boat was so beyond full that it became standing-room-only.
I was frustrated but once we got going, Boyd fell asleep (again) and I was able to secure
Evey and I a good standing spot where we could actually see.

The kids on the beach in Pacifica. We originally tried to hit the beach in San Fran
(just for the heck of it) but the crowd was so ridiculous, we ended up turning around
and taking the drive down the Pacific Coast Highway to Pacifica. Stopped and
got our feet wet, then grabbed a snack at some fancy restaurant. Unscripted, but fun!

No comments: