Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The one that got away

This is the photo I was taking, with worm in the water near the rock in the foreground, when I got my one big strike of the day.

Oh well. Better to have the kids busy fishing than me busy.

And honestly, it was good practice for me. Practice getting fish separated from hooks.

My dad could get a fish off a hook just by giving it a mean look. It takes me, depending on how the fish was caught, at least a minute.

I will say that neither of the kids had a fish swallow a hook, which was awesome. Last time Boyd caught a few fish when we were at Lone Star, the bluegill had practically digested the hook by the time Boyd got it out of the water. (You can imagine how that story ended for the fish.)

***

Of note, both kids wore hats based on my suggestion, to the pond. Even though it turned out to be cloudy, it's a good thing to have a hat on to keep the sun off your head, bugs away, etc.

Boyd wore his "BOYD JONES" construction hat. Evey wore a 2016 US Open visor that still had the tags on it.

I love my kids.

No comments: