Thursday, February 23, 2017

Goodfellas

L to R, me, my old friend Mike from Palm Springs, George, a supporter of Golfdom, Bill, my co-worker, and Mark, a superintendent from San Antonio I met recently. We're in Orlando at that fancy cigar bar on Sand Lake. Good guys, good group.
You gotta realize that after doing the blog for several years, I quit caring about how many views it gets. In fact, I like that it's just you, me, Judy, Copy Jesus and occasionally Marlan. We're like our own book club. But our interest hinges on Evey and Boyd's cuteness, not any author.

***

Speaking of cuteness, I sent the above photo to Adrianne via text and wrote, "Check me and the guys out tonight! I thought this was a cool photo..."

She never responded. Clearly she was impressed beyond words.

***

Adrianne is sick, so that's muy malo. 

***

11:11. Say a prayer, or a thank you, or a whatever.

***

I take the magazine to press tomorrow at 11 am CST. As soon as it's out the door, I'm going to get a haircut. My hair is so out of control it's driving me crazy.

I was looking at my hair in the mirror, and I wondered how long it's been since I've had it this long. I look like an elderly Syndrome from The Incredibles. And then I thought to myself, "Mom would be proud... she always wanted me to try to grow out my hair!"


And then I freaked out because it reminded me that when Ortie died, Mom quit cutting her hair and told everyone about it... grocery store checkers, people in the line for the ATM, the homeless. 

And I thought, "dammit I gotta get a haircut right now!"

***

I chopped up a bunch of vegetable tonight and threw together a beef stew. I kinda like doing that, cooking it in the crock pot. It simmers for 20 hours or so, smells good... hopefully it tastes good... and it's nice not having to prepare the dinner right before dinner.

Bonus points if the vegetable beef stew can cancel out the smell of maple syrup, which has been dominating the Golfdom office the last couple days. (Boyd has been eating waffles in the morning lately and the smell of syrup drives me crazy... and it finds a way to linger.)

***

Not only was Adro not impressed by my cigar photo... she also told me the other day that I "looked like a baby" sitting in the back of my truck. 

??? 

***

Good news, though — Adrianne did say YES to the Pixies concert!