Monday, August 3, 2015

RIP Grandma Velma Weibel

Very sad to report that Adrianne's paternal grandmother, Velma, passed away on Sunday.

She lived in southern Missouri, so we got to visit her a few times. She enjoyed being around our kids, and I could tell she had a fondness for Adrianne, who shares a middle name (Anita) with Velma's only daughter, who she lost in a car accident at a young age.

On one visit Velma gave Adrianne her tea cup collection, something she was proud of.

I told the kids this morning about the sad news. Evey's first response was, "You mean the grandma that gave mom the tea cups?"

I think Evey will remember her. Boyd, no, but at least we have photos of them together.

Most impressive to me is Velma remembered my name whenever I saw her. I thought that was really nice, considering I'm just a background character in her life. But she'd always address me by name. Nice.

No comments: