Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Driveway chalk Captain America

We'll do this again, it was fun. Usually I draw an oversized Jayhawk, today we decided to go with a giant Captain America versus MODOK (OK, it was my idea for him to be fighting MODOK.)

It's difficult to draw something this large without messing up proportion... and yes, I did mess proportion up all over the place.

But I'd rather do that than try to draw a woman and have Adrianne make fun of me for the mannish women I draw!

(Horses and women... can't draw either of them!)

***

Evey and I had a good time hanging out outside from 3 to 5 today, doing our art project.

First a loose dog came up and spooked us; then a jogger told us that the owner of the dog yelled at her despite the dog almost biting her; then Snicker's original owners, Jeff and Bethany, walked by and said hi; then my assistant coach for Boyd's team walked by with his family; then my neighbor came over to say hi and asked me if I've lost weight (when dudes start noticing, that's saying something, I think!)

Evey and I went from wasting time to having to hustle outta here so we could meet Adro and Boyd in time! We even left all chalk-y!

***

Dinner at Applebee's tonight. Thanks to Adro for buying! She was feeling like a steak, and they have a pretty good "Two for $20" deal that we go in on together.

I've got to say the kids were pretty good today. Boyd was well behaved at dinner, Evey was her normal sweet self... we almost looked like we knew what we were doing, being out in the public today!

***

It's rare that I'm happy to see someone get nailed by a court ruling, but I think it was justioce served that Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams got nailed for ripping off a Marvin Gaye song.

I remember when Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer got nailed... and I remember when "Bittersweet Symphony" got nailed (who sang that? The Verve?) And I felt like, back in the late 80s/early 90s, bands were still learning their way around sampling, borrowing, etc.

But by now, Thicke and Pharrell shoulda known to seek permission, or to pay up front, to the Marvin Gaye family.

Because that song was a blatant rip-off. (And I dug it!)

The Beastie Boys... look at the liner notes for Paul's Boutique. They sampled/borrowed everybody! But they somehow figured it out to where they could do it without getting taken to court!

***

Blew the keg today. It lasted a month and a day.

It was a good keg!

***

I'm glad KSU lost today, because I didn't want to face them again in the Big 12 tourney. I think TCU is a better match-up for us.

Still, I could see us going .500 over our next four games...


No comments: