Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Boydee's recent 'cut

Here are a couple before/after photos from Boyd's recent haircut. Gloria took care of him this last time, and she did a nice job. Boyd also did a nice job sitting quietly in the chair... everyone at the barber shop was impressed by his behavior.


***

I asked Evey last night if she wanted to sign up for soccer for the spring season. Waited until we were all at dinner so mom could be eyewitness that I wasn't pressuring her...

The verdict? Evey will not be taking her talents to South Beach... or Eudora Rec.

Heartbreak!

Oh well, it frees up my Saturdays.

Adro then asked her if she wanted to play basketball next season. She gave me a sad look and said no.

Evey then asked us if it was OK to return to a sport after she's been away for a while?

Sensing a glimmer of hope I gave her a pep talk that she can return to soccer or hoops whenever she wants.

She then told Adrianne she wants to return to ballet.

%&*#

***

The Kinkos downtown is lousy. No customer service, they just ignore you half the time. Is there a better place to go? Copy Co? I'm open to suggestions.

I miss the days when Minuteman Press did smaller jobs.

(Lookin' at you, Copy Jesus.)

***

Frustrating loss for the Jayhawks last night. They never looked like they were able to get it together.

Still, I'll take losses in February over losses in March any time.

Happy to see Greene and Frankamp get quality minutes.

 ***

If you get Kansas Outdoors magazine, check out the two articles in the new issue written by your pal Seth. One is on adventure sports, the other is on great golf courses in Kansas.

Good times.

Also, you can check out my recap of my top 5 moments from the Golf Industry Show here, if you're interested. (Maybe Eddie?)

***

Applied for a new passport today. $140! My old one just expired after 8 years.

I'm hopeful to go back to England again this year. Also, Rees Jones invited me to visit a course his father built in the Dominican Republic last week. He's renovating it.

Nothing concrete for either trip yet, but finger's crossed.

***

Bought three CDs at Love Garden yesterday: Tool's Opiate (can't believe I've never owned this... worth the $6 for track 4 alone... Maynard's got PIPES!); Mad Season's one and only album; and a 2001 bootleg of a live White Stripes show from London.

The Tool disc is good. White Stripes decent. Haven't popped in Mad Season yet.

***

I've rambled enough tonight. More later.

No comments: