Friday, May 11, 2012

I can't drive 55







Sent from my iPhoneSnapped this pic a few weeks ago... Put 88,888 miles on the Z28 recently. Notice how fast I'm going at the moment...

The Camaro has been a good car for me. Still running strong. Still fast as hell. More dependable with the milder winters (the Camraro is worthless in snow.)

And yet, the Z is on borrowed time. Eventually we'll get a new car, and guess who's getting traded? Two small children and a sports car don't add up.

The Z is a 2002. It's held up nicely. And I'd say 88,888 is low miles. I remember the day I bought it, a friend at work told me I was crazy. And it was a little crazy. But me and my dad both dug the ride, and I was 25 at the time. Young enough to still be crazy.

The Z reminds me a lot of my dad. There were times I regretted buying it, but overall, I'm glad I took the risk. I still get a lot of pleasure out of the car. My next car will be boring in many ways, i'm sure. It's hard to argue with the 10 years of fun I've had in the Z.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Is anyone else concerned that a father of two young children is taking a picture with his phone at (let's say) 88 MPH and having less than a minute to take the picture (since the odometer was only going to be on 88,888 for less than a minute)?

Congrats on the minivan!