Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tried Peking Taste take-out tonight

I called in Peking Taste take-out last night. I was at Best Buy, about to head home, and called in. They told me they'd have my food ready in ten minutes.

I ordered:

-- general's chicken
-- broccoli beef
-- fried rice
-- white rice
-- four egg rolls
-- an order of chicken-on-a-stick

I navigated over to the worst intersection in Lawrence, 23rd and Louisiana, and got in there. My food was ready. Both Tony and his female counterpart gave me excited, nervous smiles. Tony was on the phone so we couldn't talk.

The above order was mine for the princely sum of $30.

Three adults (me, Adro and Judy) and one child (Evey) ate off the order and there were still leftovers for lunch today.

All in all, it was OK. Adro gave it a thumb's up. I thought it wasn't quite as good as it used to be. We both thought $30 was just a little too expensive. Maybe if I would have left off the egg rolls or something, $26 or $27 would have "felt" better.

So that's my no-buffet Peking Taste report.

***

That photo of Boydee is a month of old. He's growing fast!

No comments: