Monday, April 18, 2011

Surviving a bad splinter



Evey got a bad splinter at preschool today. The P.E. teacher said she did a great job toughing it out... she said that Evey showed more toughness with the splinter than her 15-year-old would have.

Yet taking off a band-aid is a life and death thing for her. I don't get it.

***

Me and Adro worked on the yard a lot these last few weekends. We took out the thorn bushes (yay!) and replaced them with flowers. I also scooped out all that red mulch. But the piece de resistance, in my opinion, are these solar powered lamps. We've got about 10 of them lining the stairs... and it looks so cool!

I'll get some photos of the whole deal soon, but not yet. I still need to re-stain all the wood, it's looking ragged. Once that's done, the front of the house is all set.

***

Speaking of those thorn bushes, Copy Jesus almost got a phone call. "Come over." "Why?" "Help me pull these thorn bushes out!"

When we were moving in to the house, Copy J made a joke that he'd gladly help me pull those things out. I came this close to calling him!

So, just remember, when you joke about doing me a favor, I won't forget! And I might even call you! (I didn't call CJ because I know he would have actually came over to help me!)

***

Me and the girls watched the remake of "Clash of the Titans" over the weekend. Not nearly as bad as I had heard!

Evey really liked Medusa, and was sad when she got her head cut off. "I wanted to see more of her!" she said.

They should have cast someone else in the role of Perseus, and let him have the shaggy look (they had him looking like a Marine, which didn't work.) The Kraken was sweet!

***

Was in Cleveland most of last week. My team up in CLE always treats me great when I'm up there, it's a fun group. I never have a lunch or a dinner by myself and they are constantly telling me how happy they are I joined the team.

There are two places I can recommend in Cleveland thus far: the Winking Lizard and the Leader Bar. The Winking Lizard is a good sports bar with awesome wings and plenty of flat screen TVs. The Leader Bar is connected to the same building as my hotel (the Hyatt Arcade) and it kind of looks like... Quinton's, if you removed all the booths, and all you had was a bar top and a few tables. And there seems to be only two bartenders, so you know who you're getting when you walk in.

The crew heads over to the Leader Bar after work often. It's across the street, after all.

Anyway, looking forward to exploring more of Cleveland, and taking the girls up there with me someday. I want to go to the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame, an Indians game, and someday, a Browns game.

***

This Bulls game is going to be a blowout now that Darren Collison is hurt.

No comments: