Monday, March 28, 2011

The Game-Stopper



Evey was way too hyper all day yesterday. It's like she knows when the Jayhawks are about to lose, so she chooses that time to be as chatty/needy/high-energy as possible.

And for some reason, she was all about ME yesterday. Adro was sitting there quietly, casually watching the game. But Evey only wanted my attention, not Momma's, and it was non-stop.

Read a book. Play a game. Play pretend -- you be Zurg, I'll be Jesse.

I tried to play pretend -- I be watching the game and cussing, you go play quietly elsewhere -- but she wouldn't go for that.

And I couldn't go watch the game elsewhere because I couldn't leave my lucky seat.

Just brutal. Evey put on a Tyrel Reed-like performance during the game yesterday. She did everything she could to keep me from watching, like Tyrel did a lot of things to keep us from winning. (Sorry, Tyrel, that was just a really poor game from you. It happens.)

Thoughts on the game: We got outplayed by a better team. We had terrible 3-pt fg%, ft% and too many turnovers.

I disagreed with Kenny "The Jet" Smith at halftime, he said VCU did nothing special. Shooting 60+% from the 3-point line is special, I don't care who you are. Nine 3-pointers in the first half? How many teams did that to us all season? Heck, how many teams hit nine 3-pointers in a half, against anyone?

Oh well. Next year.

No comments: