Thursday, May 13, 2010

My top 100 songs of all time (30-21)



Here's the key:

Rank, song, band, album, year.
Boldface denotes I’ve seen the song performed live.
30. “Forty Six & 2,” Tool, Aenima (1996)
29. “Mr. Mastodon Farm,” Cake, Motorcade of Generosity (1994)
28. “You Got That Look,” Prince, Sign o’ the Times (1987)
27. “Stellar,” Incubus, Make Yourself (1999)
26. “In My Tree,” Pearl Jam, No Code (1996)
25. “Paranoid Android,” Radiohead, OK Computer (1997)
24. “99 Problems,” Jay-Z, The Black Album (2003)
23. “Narcoleptic,” People in Planes, As Far As the Eye Can See (2006)
22. “Pass the Mic,” Beastie Boys, Ill Communications (1994)
21. “Tennessee,” Arrested Development, 10 years… (1992)

1 comment:

Seth said...

This list is going by really fast for me... seems like just the other day I made all ten posts, and here we are, with only two more posts to go on this...!

Cake's Mr. Mastodon Farm is best heard live, but the album version is great also.

That Prince song may raise a few eyebrows, but I think Prince is brilliant. I actually just bought Purple Rain the other day at Target for $6.99. I couldn't NOT buy it at that price!

Two of these bands -- Tool and Beatie Boys -- it's hard for me to nail down my favorite songs from both of those bands. A lot of their music has much the same vibe... it'd be easier to pick albums for those bands, rather than single songs.

Whenever I hear "Tennessee" I still have to stop and shout out "A GAME OF HORSESHOES!!!" What a great song.

Now you owe me a watermelon.