Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Do the Bat-Dance!


I love this picture... I really do.

It was taken with Evey's crappy camera. It's currently my only functional camera since I left that Kodak out in the rain.

I went and bought a new camera -- a FujiFilm Z70 -- at Best Buy this afternoon. $160 camera on sale for $120. I bought the extended 4-year warranty because it dawned on me that I've been through three cameras in less than three years... and this warranty covers drops (which took out two cameras) and leaving outside in the rain (which took out the last camera). So, yeah, Evey might not know better than coloring on the walls, yet she is able to take better care of her digital camera than I can.



***

I am in a really good mood right now, and I've been in a really good mood for a while now. But I must warn you that last week I wrote an essay about turning 33 and feeling old. It's not a downer, and I wasn't depressed as I wrote it, but I was a little tipsy at the time, and it may have ended up being around 1,000 words. I'll post it tomorrow. Once I can find the appropriate photo of me looking old.


Oh, wait, that's all of them.


***



Bought a couple new CDs today -- Broken Bells, Vampire Weekend, Black Keys and Prince's "Purple Rain." Looking forward to jamming some new (and new to me) music!

***

Evey likes to do this thing whenever she wants to show you something... she tells you to close your eyes. Then she counts down from 5. "5... 4... 3... 2... 1... OPEN THEM!" You open your eyes and she's holding, like, a dirty spoon or something.

It's cute, but I really need to teach my daughter to be a better showman.


***


Bat-Dance... KEEP BUSTIN'!

No comments: