Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Evey reads The Simpsons




Loving the new house. On Sunday, I organized the garage, and that enabled me to pull the Impala in. The Impala has a roof over its head for the first in almost five years. This would make my Dad happy. (It makes me happy too.) In fact, everything about my new house would make my Dad happy. I think this thought often, about 200 times a day.

***

I can't understand Evey and teeth brushing. One day she fights it off like we're taking her to the gallows, the next day she does it herself. Teeth brushing, man, it's stressful.
***

I saw a license plate the other day. It said, "A House Divided." One of the logos was a Kansas Jayhawk. The other logo was a Pitt State Gorilla. How is that a house divided? Those teams don't even play each other (OK, they did yesterday). That's like me saying me and Adrianne have a house divided, because I root for the Jayhawks, and she likes World Market.

***

The band TV on the Radio is just too weird for me. I like "Wolf Like Me," but otherwise, I can't get through this CD. The new Pearl Jam CD, btw, is excellent, if you haven't already picked it up. My next CD purchase will probably be the new Muse CD, although that single is getting way overplayed on 96.5.

***

Evey is now a fan of The Simpsons. I'll take full credit for this. The other day, I got in trouble for this, as it was a Halloween episode, and a giant pumpkin was eating people -- it was a little creepy for Evey. Since then, I've introduced her to the comic book. There was a random copy of The Simpsons laying around our old place and she picked it up, started checking it out. Since then, I've given her a few more issues, including an old trade I had. She's digging the trade, we read it at night before bed. In the first issue of the trade, Homer is turned giant by Mr. Burns, and starts eating everything, becoming a public menace.

Evey points to the comic and says, "Let's find out why he's mean!" We'll read a few pages, then she'll ask me again, "Why is he mean?"

It's sort of hard explaining to a 2-year-old that Homer is mean because Mr. Burns shot him in the head with a ray gun that turned him giant.

That doesn't mean I don't try, though.