Sunday, September 9, 2007

Meet the Solos




I told Evelyn the other day, "You didn't know Daddy had a brother, did you?" Yup, that's right -- as close to a brother as I've ever had, Mike Abasolo was in the house last weekend. Of course Evey loved hanging out with both Mike and Amanda.
Always good to see the Abasolos, especially great when they make the trek to Lawrence. With three kids, their time is certainly precious. I realize that now, and we've only got one!
While we were golfing with Stuart, Stuart asked how me and Mike knew each other. Mike got into this long schpiel about the kid that always waited for the bus at the junior high and how Mike's dad worked at the junior high... but I finally cut him off and gave him the Reader's Digest version -- best friends since second grade. Best man in each other's weddings. Share a dumb sense of humor, a love for Shawn Kemp and Martin Lawrence, and both come from hispanic backgrounds.
And that pretty much sums it up!


No comments: