Sunday, February 21, 2021

Who is that masked man?

Bub enjoys rocking his pajamas — 
and sometimes a mask — on
weekends.


 Good weekend here. Didn't get much done, but chilled a bunch.

***

After work on Friday Adro brought home a cheese pizza and we watched the new WandaVision. I thought it was pretty boring/bad. But we've come this far, we'll finish it... 

Later that night I had three of my buddies come over, the first time we've been together since playing golf together back in the fall. We crushed a few cans, watched some NBA and then closed the night with a Soundgarden concert on YouTube while we discussed the events of Jan. 6th, the state of the Jayhawks, and what happened on Super Bowl Sunday. It was great to see those dudes, and the bar tab, for once, was reasonable.

The guys all rolled out at 1 a.m. Turns out as Sean was driving north on 1900, a little less than a mile from our house, he saw a deer running and slowed down... and the deer ran into him! No damage, thankfully.

***

Ted, Joe, me and Lip at the Eudora BBall
golf scramble a few months ago. We finished 
in a tie for second.

Saturday morning I got up late, feeling a little groggy. Went and finally did the recycling, it had been piling up. That chore wasn't too bad. Came home and turned on the Jayhawks. Boyd's cut-out was rocking front row, midcourt. Evey was front row, behind the basket. 

Great game for the Jayhawks, it got close at the end but they hit big shots when needed.

Adro and the kids joined me for the second half. Once the game was over, we started playing music videos on YouTube while we took turns playing Ms. Pac-Man. Boyd was drawing in his sketch pad. Evey was reading her book, Twilight.

We played some Uno Flip, then put on a NetFlix movie or two. One of them had Paul Blart Mall Cop as an accidental super spy. Then Adrianne put on a Pee-Wee Herman movie from 2016. I was hooked. 

After everyone went to bed I finished the book Sing Backwards and Weep by Mark Lanegan. Wow, what a read! I tore through it in exactly a week. 

We did a whole lot of nothing all day but it was a good day.

***

Sunday I thought I'd be more motivated, but I didn't do much outside of cooking breakfast and dinner. Did some Golfdom proofing late. Ran a couple errands and ran to the farm to take some food to Virginia/Judy/Lupe. It was great to see Virginia back home after a brief hospitalization. I also watched a couple good NBA games: Pelicans/Celts and Clips/Nets. 

I made street tacos and refried beans for dinner. It was pretty good. I need to play with the pork a little more and find a better seasoning. 

I asked the kids if they had a good weekend and they said yes. We talked about how dumb the Pee-Wee Herman movie was. Adrianne said she knew I secretly liked it because she could hear me doing my old man laugh from upstairs.

Last weekend was more productive, but this was a good weekend. Sad it's over. This will be a good week though, we go to press on Golfdom and KU has two big games this week. Rock Chalk.

No comments: