Thursday, January 28, 2021

The cut-outs


Hello people! I'm writing tonight. For a few minutes...

I asked my fellow Jayhawk fans to keep an eye out for these cuties (and me) for the KU/TCU game tonight. I'm not subscribing to EXPN+ based on my lousy internet and PRINCIPAL, but Carrie Jordan tells me Bub was 2nd row behind Dr. James Naismith. Cool!

***

Listening to Run the Jewels on YouTube. They're becoming one of my favorite bands, but mostly El-P for the lyrics/rhymes, Killer Mike for the overall political badassness.

***

Today after school, I picked up Bub. Then I told him, "I've got a couple errands to run." Bub hates running errands. He wants to head straight home so he can get into his zone; snack, Xbox, chilling. Mess with that? He gets grumpy.

I told him I didn't have much to do, and he might even have fun.  One of my stops would be the comic book store (I'm excited to get new bags + boards for my Captain America run) and he could come inside with me and I'd buy him something. "Well, maybe..." and I told him, you don't have to bro, you could sit here with the dog and not see anything potentially cool...

He fell asleep immediately. The comic store was closed (COVID-19) anyway so no need to wake him up. I had him. back home in an hour; he was happy.

I finished up work emails and cracked a beer. Got Bub some cheese and crackers. He asked me if I could help him fix his headphones with Duct tape. We fixed it! He was pumped. I went back to work. Turned up the music. Evey was still at school shooting photos for the yearbook (boys bball), Adro was still at work. I fired up some snacks because what the hell.

Brought Bub some cheese and crackers while he was on Xbox and he was like, "Whoa! For me? I don't have to quit playing?" Told him to keep going, it was just me and him. 20 minutes later I came down and asked him, "want some little smokies?" His eyes lit up and he asked, "do you got some?!?" Yeah man! 

I brought him five li'l smokies down and he acted like I handed him a brick of solid gold. He was so excited. Back upstairs for me, I had music on and was going slow, drinking a brown ale from my co-workers, chilling.

***

It was 20 degrees out the other day and Bub had a home-school day. Wanted to go outside. Asked me if he could. "Well, yes, but bundle up."

Next thing I know I'm out there throwing the mini light-up football with him! Ugh. We had some good throws, though, and agreed it was time to come inside.


 

 

No comments: