Monday, February 11, 2019

Some cool old photos of Grandma and Grandpa

 Was going through some of Mom's old photos today, and found these... definitely worth scanning + sharing!

The first two were taken in the woods by the old house in Wheatfield. So I'm guessing I'm 3-years-old or so... Sis is maybe 10?

The last photo is from a different collection. I think that one was taken after we moved to Kansas, so 1981, or 1982 or so.

Nice Harley, Grandpa Nick!

... I've got more scans, I'll share them soon.

***

Adrianne and I were in San Diego all week at the 2019 Golf Industry Show. Grandma Judy stayed with the kids all week and took care of them while we were away.

THANK YOU GRANDMA JUDY!!!

Adrianne and I both had a nice week in San Diego. We work very different jobs, but I think it's safe to say it was successful for both of us.

But wow, were we ready to get home! We missed our kiddos!

Grandma reports that the kids were great. They always are, especially Evey. Good news, Boyd got a stellar report this time, too (which is the only wild card when it comes to the kids' behavior.)

***

Judy and the kids got a sweet deal while we were gone... an ice storm! School was cancelled both Thursday and Friday. So the kids got to stay home, and not leave for school. That's a cool deal when we're away... it's nice to know that Grandma and the kids just got to relax all day at the house while we were gone, and Judy didn't have to run from one school to the other to get the kids dropped off/picked up.

When we got home, I saw why... there's a legit layer of sleet/ice on the driveway! Sheesh! I was able to clear off the stairs today. But a lot of the driveway remains a skating rink. Glad they cancelled!

***

We were "dead worms" all weekend. Nice, relaxing weekend. Last night we had a movie night in the basement. We watched Ant-Man and Wasp, which I fell asleep on.

Sleep was the recurrent theme of the weekend. Me and Adrianne needed it! We caught up on it. We got stuff done, then chilled. The kids were happy we were home, but also happy to chill along with us.

It's good to be home. I love being home.


1 comment:

Grandma Judy said...

Cool photos. Well need a photo night to show kids the past