Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Celebrating Jett & Boydee b-days


We had a great weekend and a highlight was going to my sister's place and celebrating Boyd's 6th birthday and Jett's 15th birthday!

If you don't mind... here's a recap of my stellar weekend...
Bart and I at QOTSA

QOTSA in action

Pixies at Midland

***

Friday started off with perhaps my most anticipated concert of the year... Queens of the Stone Age at the Crossroads in KC. 


I just battled with thousands in Chicago (at Riot Fest) to see them, and I bet I never got closer than 150 yards away. At Crossroads? I was maybe 30 yards away, and comfortable. Tickets were $40 plus service fees.


Bart and I hit the show and had a blast. Royal Blood opened. 


***

Saturday Boyd had a soccer game at 9 a.m. 

The other team had a lot of kids... and we had enough to field a team. But we dominated most of the game, and the kids played great. We even got Julian, the baby of the team, to play for a little bit.

Boyd was kicking the heck out of the ball, he's got a big foot and he's starting to enjoy using it. As coach, I'm encouraging him to let it fly. While he didn't score any of our three goals, he was arguably our best player on the field, as he's a defensive stopper.
Lip and I at Midland

Came home, Adrianne made an awesome breakfast. There were storms all over, but none of them materialized so Boyd and I hung out in the garage and outside. Eventually I got the courage to mow, and got the front and back mowed before the storms came that afternoon.

Judy took the kids to a play that afternoon. Adrianne and I chilled out at the house, eventually watching family YouTube videos in the garage while it dumped rain outside. I left the garage doors open... felt cool to be sitting in the garage enjoying TV while the weather was stormy right outside.

I got so sleepy Saturday night, I fell asleep while changing channels on the TV. Literally dropped the remote while my arm was outstretched. That woke me up and I went straight to bed. 

***

Sunday Adro and the kids went to church. I relaxed, then got busy.

Adrianne got Boyd a new bed, and the boxes had been sitting downstairs for almost a week. It was time to take them on.

Got the bed assembled (Pottery Barn, I think, and I give them a thumb's up!) and was picking up the tools when the family pulled up. Adrianne was excited that BJ's bed was done and wanted to work on his room... I chilled and watched NFL football in the garage.

After a little bit, we all went up to my sister's house for a FEAST, Mexican style. Celebrated Boyd and Jett's b-day. Drank a couple lime-a-ritas, which were better than I anticipated. Went on a little test drive with Jett, which was more harrowing than I anticipated. Then got dropped off at Johnny's to meet Lipford... and we were off to Pixies!

That was my third time seeing Pixies, fourth time seeing QOTSA. Both were great. 

Tough to compete with a weekend like that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.