Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bluegill!

Happy 4th of July!

***

Boyd and I went fishing after work on Friday. Boyd caught two bluegill, I caught one. We could have caught more, but we were on a bad streak of fish swallowing hooks (2/3) and I didn't bring my needle-nose pliers... and at the end of the day, I hate hurting animals and didn't want to hurt anymore little fishies for no good reason.

We fished Lone Star Lake and found a nice little spot. We'll go back. With more gear, including the needle-nose pliers and a buck knife.

***

Boyd has been pretty good this 4th of July weekend, really. He stuns me at how his eating habits flop back and forth; he's a good eater one day, a non-eater the next. 

I remind myself that here in a few years, he'll be eating me out of the house.

***

Boyd's photo was in the St. John's newsletter this weekend! A cool pic of him smashing a confetti egg on top of Dexter's head.

***

Evey and Adro had a "Girl's Night In" on Friday, when they watched Adventures in Babysitting, did make-up stuff, etc.

When Boyd and I got home from fishing, Evey said it was time for her and Mom to "put on their masks." Boyd shouted, "I'll put on a mask!" and then ran upstairs and found his homemade bear mask in his room.

Neither of us understood the masks the girls then put on...

*** 

We bought some stuff today: a new stove, microwave, and a new bed for Evey.

Our little girl is growing quickly... feels good to spend some money on her, she's such a good girl.

*** 

Ribs, corn-on-the-cob and baked beans for dinner tonight. Last night was fajita night. Tomorrow? gourmet cheeseburgers, with shredded cheese and bacon pieces inside. And if the weather clears up... the pool!

***

Grandma Judy took Evey to see "BFG" on Friday, which stands for "Big FRIENDLY Giant," allegedly. 

I don't know, I haven't seen the movie yet.

***

Bought a fresh keg of Boulevard Wheat on Thursday night.

I forgot what a Wheat hangover felt like, until this morning....

No comments: