Thursday, August 21, 2014

Welcome back, Evey

Here is another pic of Evey and Boyd on Evey's first day of 2nd grade.

I still have the photos we took on the back porch to post... we've taken that photo (Adro and I) with both kids the last three years in a row... a tradition I hope to continue. So we can compare how the kids (and my face and belly) grew over the last year.

Evey is enjoying 2nd grade. I introduced myself to Mr. Powers when I picked her up today, and he told me Evey was a real pleasure to have in class, and he was happy that she was "off the charts" (the best level on their daily behavior chart) today.

***

I've been issued the ice bucket challenge by Lervik. I'm going to go complete the task tomorrow at Lawrence CC, with my bud Bill Irving. I'm looking forward to it, it looks like fun.

I haven't been able to complete the task in 24 hours, but that's because I was in southern Pennsylvania on business most of this week. But I'm back now.

***

Speaking of business trips, looking at the calendar, I've been on 16 business trips this year, for a rate of two a month. But I only took one in both March and April, so that's why it feels like much more than that.

Upcoming trips include Tucson, Sheboygan, Louisville (again) and Orlando (again).

***

I spent the last few days at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsyvlania. Beautiful country, nice resort.

It was a North Coast Meeting, first all the editor-in-chiefs of the six different pubs owned by NCM, then a EIC/publisher meeting.

It was cool, and fun to hang out with my counterparts of the different magazines. Interestingly to me, I had this feeling that I belonged, but also a feeling of respect and admiration for the other editors in the room. Age-wise, I was right in the middle: three older than me, two younger than me.

But no one would argue that I possessed the best hair.

***

Jayhawks West Fantasy Football Draft is this Saturday. We've got nine of the 10 guys confirmed for the draft. Do me a favor and don't call early on Sunday morning... I'm anticipating a level-three hangover.

***

Not sure if you saw this video, but it's an interview I did for Golfdom at the recent PGA Championship. Actually, I don't expect you to care, but I'm posting it here just to have it in the blog. You can view more Golfdom TV videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/GolfdomVideo 


No comments: