Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rest in peace, Bea

Bea was a friend to my Grandma Iris.

Bea was like a mother to my father.

Bea was like a grandmother to me.

And I could tell Bea loved my kids like they were her own grandkids. (Just check out the expressions on the faces of Bea, Boyd, Junior and Adrianne in this photo.)

How many people are a friend to any family for four generations? A friend, a mother, a grandmother, a great-grandmother?

On Saturday, my 37th birthday, I received two birthday cards. One was the token card from my financial planner. The other was a long, eloquent, hand-written card from Bea. I don't think she once missed sending me a birthday card.

What a beautiful, kind, loving woman.

On behalf of four generations of Joneses: thank you, Bea, for your love over the years. You will be dearly missed.

No comments: