Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First day of 1st grade vs. first day of kindergarten

Evey started up school two weeks ago. She seems to enjoy her new class and her new teacher.

She did tell me that at Montessori School and in Kindergarten, all they did was have fun. And now that she's in 1st grade, they expect her to LEARN.

I told her yeah, that is pretty much the deal.

She let out a big sigh.

***

Evey's teacher is Miss Reilly.

She only has two kids from her class in this year's class. And of course, one of the two was a kid she was really hoping wouldn't be in her class.

I also told her before she even went to the first day of school, that that was also pretty much the deal.

***

Just got back from a few days in Half Moon Bay, Calif., south of San Francisco. Was there for a conference. Got to stay in a Ritz-Carlton, golfed, etc. Pretty good trip. I think I gained 10 pounds while I was out there.

Evey's first day of kindergarten
Evey's first day of 1st grade.
A big THANK YOU to Adro for taking care of both kids on her own this week (Grandma Judy was coincidentally in San Francisco at the same time, meaning Adro had to do drop off/pick up the kids all on her own.)

 ***

 Look how big Boyd is getting. He's so much fun. He is saying shorter phrases now, and he'll chat a little bit on the phone. He's really good at "Hi Dad!" and he says it very excitedly.

Adro told me that on the way home today, she told Boydee that I would be back home tonight.

Boyd's response?

"APPLESAUCE!!!"

No comments: