Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Boydee, meet G'ma JoJo



I was happy to finally introduce my son to my grandma Joyce. Grandma has been grilling me for months now to get him down to Wichita. I wasn't able to until a few weekends ago. My travel schedule has been too fierce lately, I told Grandma. And it was no lie -- January, February and March, I've been on the road a lot. I promised her as soon as my schedule settled down, we'd be there.

We arrived, and Boydee was in full-on charmer mode. So was Evey. My Grandma was so happy to see these two kids.

Turns out I got there when Chris (a third-cousin, or something) was there with his wife and 2-year-old daughter. And then my cousin Nichol showed up as well. Add in Uncle Vince and Greta, and Boydee got to meet a fair share of the Gomez family.

The sad news is that my Grandma was pretty disoriented while I was there. It's the first time I've seen her this way. She really couldn't grasp who my son was, or who I was. "Who's boy is this?" she kept asking me and my Mom. Unfortunate. It's tough getting old. But regardless of Grandma's mental state, I could tell it made her happy to be holding a baby. And it made me happy that my son got to meet his Great-Grandma JoJo. Hopefully next time it's on better terms.

No comments: