Thursday, September 24, 2015

Evey and Dad's day at the K

So I had this coupon book, with 4 free Royals tix and a dozen half price tix. I've been trying to use them all season but kept putting it off... There were some restrictions, like they could only be redeemed Sun-Thurs, Hy-Vee zone only, etc. it was a Boy Scouts fundraiser, I think we spent $40 for the book.

We were all going to go on Sunday, but then I decided midday on Wednesday that me and Evey should go on up, just the two of us, for that night's game.

We got to the parking lot, and gridlock. While waiting to pay to park, I pulled the ticket out if the book. That's when I saw it: the whole booklet expired on Sept. 9th. DAMN!

But whatever, we'll just buy tix, right? So we walk all the way up there, bypassing a few scalpers. We enter the chute for the ticket windows... And then some guy, a little older than me, stops me. "You guys need tickets??" He asks. I shrug because I'm looking to buy something cheap. "I've got two. They're free. You're going to have to come with me, but... You're gonna want these tickets."

I say sure.

"Is that your daughter? I've been waiting you two... I almost gave them to a couple college guys..."

We then followed this guy and his friend... To the Diamond Club... And then to the 8th row, directly behind home plate!

(This story to be continued , I'm tired of typing on my iPhone!)

No comments: