Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The four cousins


Here's a nice pic of the four cousins at Boydee's birthday party a few weeks ago... Adro will probably not like being in the pic, but it's the best pic of Boydee, looking at the camera.

We had a Spider-Man themed party for Bubba. You can see the STEVE DITKO Spider-Man illustration on the front of his high chair. Only the best for the birthday boy! Todd McFarlane who? John Romita Sr.? -- never heard of ya. There is only one Steve Ditko, and my son will surely grow up to be a fan...

***

Evey was "clipped up" to silver today, meaning she was "off the chart" in terms of behavior. She showed me this little coupon that said she was "caught being good!" and apparently someone (not her teacher) gave it to her in the lunchroom. She told me she was being quiet when it was time to be quiet, and speaking softly when it was time to speak softly... and this is why she got the coupon.

I told her I was very proud of her, and I took her through the Dairy Queen drive-thru as a way of celebrating her achievement. (Evey ordered a small chocolate ice cream, I got nothing.)

It should be noted that there have been other times that she has been "clipped up" to silver, but it has always been her and her entire class... this, as far as I know, is the first time she's done this on her own, and not with the entire class.

***

I'm volunteering in the classroom tomorrow. Someone remind me, 2 p.m., I need to be there.

I have low expectations, as it sounds like I won't actually be working with the students. Who knows, I might be running the $%^&&@ copy machine, for all I know.

Low expectations is sometimes a good thing, though -- right, comrades?

***

Got to smoke a cigar with Neuty tonight. Also got a phone call from Lervy. That's a good night for a 35-year-old nerd... seems like me and my friends, as we grow older, see each other less these days. Good to see/chat with these two dudes and have a good conversation, give each other hell, etc.

***

If I were to get my choice of super-powers, it would be invisibility. The inspiration for this choice mostly comes from the movie "Memoirs of an Invisible Man," starring Chevy Chase. He seemed to have the right attitude about invisibility. It'd be better to be able to turn it on and off, but if you couldn't... well, there's still a good time to be had.

***

I'm reading the book "20," an oral history of Pearl Jam. Pretty good so far, although I'm only 60 pages into a 300-page book. I'll try to let you know if I read anything super-cool. I'm hopeful that there's mention of PJ's Day on the Hill performance, though I was too young to be there.

***

Quesadilla night at the Jones casa. KILLED IT! Oh man that was good...   


No comments: