Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bodysnatchers


Pretty nice Easter here. I got lots of good photos of Evey hunting Easter eggs in the backyard, I'll share them once I've uploaded.


On Saturday we went and saw "How to Train Your Dragon." Great movie! I really enjoyed it. I had one tiny problem with the end, otherwise I thought it was a well written story, well told, fast-moving, with great characters. Some of my favorite characters -- and I think anyone would say this about the film -- were the unique dragons. I really enjoyed how there were different "makes and models" of dragons and we got to learn a little about each style. Very imaginative.


I didn't ask Adro what she rated it, but I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10. We didn't see it in 3-D, and I'm wishing we would have, I'm sure the flying scenes would have been spectacular. (We avoided 3-D because Evey doesn't like wearing the glasses... at least, she didn't at "Toy Story.")


Evey really enjoyed it too, although she did cover her eyes at a few of the stressful moments, and she screamed a few times... but I think she was having fun the entire time. My Mom went with us as well, and I think she also had a lot of fun.


Now I want to go see "Clash of the Titans." Adro said she'd go with me.


RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

1 comment:

tsweeten said...

We saw "How to Train Your Dragon" over the weekend too. And in 3-D. And it was definitely worth the expense. The kids didn't wear their glasses (the minute we got out of the theater, they put them on like sunglasses and wouldn't take them off. They almost slept with them on). I've never been to a 3-D movie before, but I plan on seeing every one that comes out in the future. It was a bit jarring to see dimension and depth to a normally 2-D experience, but after the first five minutes, I got over the new-ness and enjoyed the enhanced experience. And yes, "Clash of the Titans" is on my viewing list.